Our 5-Step Enhanced Cleaning Process
The 5-step cleaning process is a set of cleaning practices that we conduct on every property between guest stays, in addition to local laws and guidelines.
Here is the process:
Step 1: Preparation
Proper preparation helps our team clean more efficiently and safely.
- We ventilate the property before and during cleaning
- We use disinfectants approved by local regulatory agencies for use against COVID-19
- We always read the directions and warnings on our cleaning products carefully
- We wash and disinfect our hands before, during, and after
Step 2: Clean
Cleaning is removing dust and dirt from surfaces, such as floors and countertops.
We make sure to:
- Sweep, vacuum, dust, and/or mop areas before sanitizing
- Wash dishes and laundry on the highest heat setting possible
- Wipe down hard surfaces with soap and water
Step 3: Sanitize
Sanitizing is when you use chemicals to reduce bacteria on surfaces such as doorknobs and TV remotes. Be sure to:
- Spray high-touch surfaces in each room with an approved disinfectant spray
- Let the disinfectant stand for the length of time specified on the product label
- Allow the surface to air-dry
Step 4: Check
Once we’re done sanitizing, we make sure we've not missed anything.
- Referring to the best practices in each room-by-room checklist to make sure you haven’t missed a spot
Step 5: Reset
To help prevent cross-contamination, it's important to finish cleaning and sanitizing a room before replacing items for the next guest:
- Wash hands before replacing guest supplies, linens, and cleaning kits
- Safely dispose of or wash cleaning supplies and protective gear
- Don’t re-enter a room once it’s been sanitized
- Clean equipment between each turnover
These practices also require mask-wearing and social distancing when mandated by local laws or guidelines.